I scrambled over that 20,000 word finish line at around 1pm today with a 132 page feature film script and 11 hours to spare. I basically had to average 2,500 words per day over the last three days but I can safely say I achieved my goal.
The film is titled Motherless Children and focuses on two central characters. It will require some severe editing before I even contemplate shooting it. I may even separate out the stories and just focus on one of the character’s plot line since most of those scenes are set in locations I’m sure I can shoot on a low budget. This is my preferred option mainly because of the genre shift. I’m also pretty impressed with all the twists I wrote in. I’m just waiting to get Jeremy’s feedback to see if they’re as unexpected as I thought.
Latest posts by Dominica Malcolm (see all)
- 2017 Comics, Graphic Novels, and Trades - January 5, 2018
- 2017 in Review - December 22, 2017
- Getting the Most Out of Improvaganza + Returning to Hawaii with My Show “So You Want a Job” in 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Finding the Balance Between Empowerment and Judgement: My Personal Struggle With Internalised Misogyny - September 12, 2017
- (Polyamorous) Romantic Relationships and Dating While Autistic - September 7, 2017