This is the first recipe I’ve pretty much invented from scratch (apart from when I made a Shepherd’s Pie without a recipe), and I loved it so much I wanted to share it with the world. Most of the amounts of ingredients are estimations.
2 sheets shortcrust pastry
500g turkey mince
3/4 cup peas
1 cup frozen veg (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
1/2 brown onion, chopped
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp marjoram
1 cup chicken stock
1/3-1/2 cup corn flour
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray large pie dish with baking spray; line with one sheet of pastry. (You will probably want to bake the base for 3-5 mins here, though I didn’t realise that when I made this – making it up as I go along and all).
2. Cook onions in large fry pan on stove until brown. Add in turkey and cook until brown, then add the herbs and mix together. Add peas and vegetables; cover until cooked. Then add chicken stock, mix well, and add corn flour occasionally until thickened.
3. Add cooked filling into base of pie, then cover with the second sheet of pastry. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
Latest posts by Dominica Malcolm (see all)
- 2017 Comics, Graphic Novels, and Trades - January 5, 2018
- 2017 in Review - December 22, 2017
- Getting the Most Out of Improvaganza + Returning to Hawaii with My Show “So You Want a Job” in 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Finding the Balance Between Empowerment and Judgement: My Personal Struggle With Internalised Misogyny - September 12, 2017
- (Polyamorous) Romantic Relationships and Dating While Autistic - September 7, 2017