Since discovering how easy it is for me to guess/invent/make up good pie filling recipes, I decided to make some party pies for Australia Day yesterday. It turned out so well (and much tastier than the pre-packaged store-bought stuff you get), I decided to share the recipe.
500g beef mince
1/2 brown onion, chopped
1 cup brown onion gravy
2 tblsp barbecue sauce
2 tblsp corn flour
1 tsp basil
3 sheets shortcrust pastry
1. Cook onion in fry pan until browned and soft. Add mince and cook until browned. Stir in basil, gravy, barbecue sauce. Then add corn flour and mix in until thickened.
2. Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Spray a muffin tray with cooking spray. Cut an equal number of 10.5cm and 8.5cm diameter circles in the pastry. Remove excess pastry, knead, and roll out to make a few extra pies. Line muffin tray with the 10.5cm circles, making sure that some of the pastry sits around the outside of the holes. Bake in oven for 3 mins.
3. Fill the pastry bases with the meat mixture and cover with 8.5cm circles, making sure to connect the uncooked pastry with the cooked pasty. Return to oven for 15 mins.
Latest posts by Dominica Malcolm (see all)
- Attending the 15th Annual Seattle Festival of Improv Theater - March 3, 2017
- 128 Graphic Novels/Comic Strip Books in 2016 - January 6, 2017
- Commentary and Thoughts After Attending My First Supernatural Convention (Part 2) - December 27, 2016
- Commentary and Thoughts After Attending My First Supernatural Convention (Part 1) - December 6, 2016
- All the Fun at Improvaganza, the Hawaii Festival of Improv (2016) - September 27, 2016