What’s this? Another recipe? Why yes, my friend, it is! Today I am combining two slightly modified, slightly invented myself recipes. This pizza is by far the best pizza I’ve ever tasted, if I do say so myself. I’ve yet to taste the rolls, but they look delicious.
15g dried yeast
2 tsp maple syrup
300mL lukewarm water
500g plain flour or bread flour (I used 410g plain flour and 90g bread flour because I ran out of plain flour)
2 tblsp tomato paste
1 tsp marjoram
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp rosemary
125g pepperoni, sliced
1/4 red capsicum (bell pepper), chopped
1/2 brown onion, chopped
2 cups grated pizza cheese (cheddar and mozarella mix)
1 slice ham, chopped
1 tblsp pizza cheese
1. Blend yeast and maple syrup in a bowl. Stir in the water, then leave to sit for 5 minutes. Sift flour into large bowl, then make a well in the middle. Pour in yeast mixture, then knead together to form dough. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Separate 2/3 dough and roll out onto 40cm diameter pizza pan.
3. Combine tomato and herbs in a small bowl, then spread over dough, leaving a 1-1.5cm gap around the edge. Sprinkle onion and capsicum over the tomato paste. Place pepperoni slices over pizza, then sprinkle the cheese evenly over the toppings.
4. With extra dough, separate into two pieces and shape into rolls. Top rolls with ham and then cheese.
5. Place both pizza and rolls in 180°C oven for 30-40 minutes or until cheese is browned and melted.
Latest posts by Dominica Malcolm (see all)
- Attending the 15th Annual Seattle Festival of Improv Theater - March 3, 2017
- 128 Graphic Novels/Comic Strip Books in 2016 - January 6, 2017
- Commentary and Thoughts After Attending My First Supernatural Convention (Part 2) - December 27, 2016
- Commentary and Thoughts After Attending My First Supernatural Convention (Part 1) - December 6, 2016
- All the Fun at Improvaganza, the Hawaii Festival of Improv (2016) - September 27, 2016