We’re just a few days short of Doyle’s nine-month mark and he’s currently going through some rapid development. I’m very impressed with how capable he’s becoming at standing. Over the past couple of weeks, Doyle has been learning to lift himself up from a sitting position to a standing one while holding onto my fingers. His stability in standing is improving amazingly. Basically, now, I’m only there for his support. He feels more comfortable standing whilst holding on to me, though this morning he had a lot of fun supporting himself solely by holding onto th coffee table, and then one of our DVD shelves. I think with continued attention and encouragement from me, Doyle might even be able to stand on his own before we head off overseas. He’s a fast learner, that one.
Latest posts by Dominica Malcolm (see all)
- 2017 Comics, Graphic Novels, and Trades - January 5, 2018
- 2017 in Review - December 22, 2017
- Getting the Most Out of Improvaganza + Returning to Hawaii with My Show “So You Want a Job” in 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Finding the Balance Between Empowerment and Judgement: My Personal Struggle With Internalised Misogyny - September 12, 2017
- (Polyamorous) Romantic Relationships and Dating While Autistic - September 7, 2017