250g kuey teow flat noodle (or equivalent)
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
260g beef mince
2 tblsp sweet chili sauce
1 tblsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp tumeric
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tblsp sunflower oil
2 carrots, grated
1 tblsp water
1. Prepare noodles (if dry, boil them according to instructions on packet)
2. Heat oil in wok on medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until lightly brown. Add mince and cook until meat browns. Mix in coriander and tumeric.
3. Turn heat to low. Make a well in the middle of the meat mixture. Crack the eggs into the well, then raise the heat and scramble the eggs before turning in the meat mixture.
4. Return to low heat. Leave for a couple minutes, then add carrots and cashews, mixing well. Turn off heat.
5. In a large bowl, mix the noodles with the soy sauce and half the sweet chili sauce. Add noodles to the meat mixture. Mix together on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired, and the rest of the sweet chili sauce and water. Make sure it is mixed well.
Latest posts by Dominica Malcolm (see all)
- Attending the 15th Annual Seattle Festival of Improv Theater - March 3, 2017
- 128 Graphic Novels/Comic Strip Books in 2016 - January 6, 2017
- Commentary and Thoughts After Attending My First Supernatural Convention (Part 2) - December 27, 2016
- Commentary and Thoughts After Attending My First Supernatural Convention (Part 1) - December 6, 2016
- All the Fun at Improvaganza, the Hawaii Festival of Improv (2016) - September 27, 2016