250g kuey teow flat noodle (or equivalent)
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
260g beef mince
2 tblsp sweet chili sauce
1 tblsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp tumeric
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tblsp sunflower oil
2 carrots, grated
1 tblsp water
1. Prepare noodles (if dry, boil them according to instructions on packet)
2. Heat oil in wok on medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until lightly brown. Add mince and cook until meat browns. Mix in coriander and tumeric.
3. Turn heat to low. Make a well in the middle of the meat mixture. Crack the eggs into the well, then raise the heat and scramble the eggs before turning in the meat mixture.
4. Return to low heat. Leave for a couple minutes, then add carrots and cashews, mixing well. Turn off heat.
5. In a large bowl, mix the noodles with the soy sauce and half the sweet chili sauce. Add noodles to the meat mixture. Mix together on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired, and the rest of the sweet chili sauce and water. Make sure it is mixed well.
Latest posts by Dominica Malcolm (see all)
- 2017 Comics, Graphic Novels, and Trades - January 5, 2018
- 2017 in Review - December 22, 2017
- Getting the Most Out of Improvaganza + Returning to Hawaii with My Show “So You Want a Job” in 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Finding the Balance Between Empowerment and Judgement: My Personal Struggle With Internalised Misogyny - September 12, 2017
- (Polyamorous) Romantic Relationships and Dating While Autistic - September 7, 2017