The night before International Talk Like a Pirate Day, I had a party to celebrate the release of my novel, Adrift.
I decided to dress up as Jaclyn Rousseau, who is a pirate and the protagonist of the book. So that Jaclyn wouldn’t be left out, I ran a dress-up contest to give away a copy of the book to the best dressed pirate. I was very impressed by my Norwegian neighbour’s work!
My guests enjoyed me reading a couple of excerpts from the book. Naturally, since Jaclyn Rousseau is illiterate, I couldn’t be in character for that.
Finally, I got to hand over a couple of items that one of my Indiegogo backers purchased, as she was visiting from the Philippines. This is the first time Jaclyn has actually appeared with someone wearing the t-shirt she’s on!
Adrift was released on International Talk Like a Pirate Day. For more information about the book and where to purchase it digitally or in paperback, click here.
Latest posts by Dominica Malcolm (see all)
- Attending the 15th Annual Seattle Festival of Improv Theater - March 3, 2017
- 128 Graphic Novels/Comic Strip Books in 2016 - January 6, 2017
- Commentary and Thoughts After Attending My First Supernatural Convention (Part 2) - December 27, 2016
- Commentary and Thoughts After Attending My First Supernatural Convention (Part 1) - December 6, 2016
- All the Fun at Improvaganza, the Hawaii Festival of Improv (2016) - September 27, 2016