Another visit from a friend that has numerous food intolerances lends to an opportunity to invent another new recipe. Here’s a stunning dessert without any cow’s milk and also gluten free.
2 bananas, peeled and cut into ~1cm slices
1 cup goat milk yoghurt
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup rice flour
6 egg whites
2 cups caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 150°C.
2. Mash banana in large bowl. Mix in yoghurt and vanilla.
3. Whisk 2 eggs in separate bowl, add to mixture, and beat with electric beaters until smooth.
4. Add rice flour a bit at a time and continue beating until mixed well. Use a spatula to clean the edges of the bowl.
5. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Continue beating while adding the caster sugar a bit at a time.
6. Fold egg white mixture into banana mixture, sections at a time, until all combined.
7. Pour into a large cake tin until about half full. Share the rest of the mixture out in a muffin tray, filling the moulds about 3/4 full. Bake on lower oven shelves for approx 50 minutes. The centre of the cake should be moist when inserting a toothpick, but the cake will not wobble when moved. The top of the cake will also look slightly burnt, but brown not black. This will be the case fairly early on in the oven.
Latest posts by Dominica Malcolm (see all)
- Getting the Most Out of Improvaganza + Returning to Hawaii with My Show “So You Want a Job” in 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Finding the Balance Between Empowerment and Judgement: My Personal Struggle With Internalised Misogyny - September 12, 2017
- (Polyamorous) Romantic Relationships and Dating While Autistic - September 7, 2017
- Songs That Remind Me of Significant Others - September 6, 2017
- Understanding Autism in my Life - August 28, 2017