I came up with this recipe when I wanted to make use of my new electric oven, and I couldn’t decide between a pizza or cookies. So I asked on Facebook, and someone suggested a cookie pizza. I attempted just that, and ended up with a cookie with the texture of a pizza-base. It might sound odd, but it’s a bite to be tried! I’ve had a few people ask me for the recipe already, so now it’s time to share the complexities of just how I made this interestingly-named cookie.
15g dried yeast
2 tsp honey
300mL lukewarm water + 200mL room temperature water
500g bread flour + 1 cup bread flour
1 cup brown sugar
160g glace cherries
1 cup cocoa powder
2 cups caster sugar
170g chocolate chips
1. Blend yeast and honey in a bowl. Stir in lukewarm water. Leave for 5 minutes (until foaming).
2. Sift cocoa and 500g flour into large bowl. Add brown sugar. Mix well.
3. Make a well in the flour mixture, and add yeast mixture to well. Stir in together. Add the rest of the water and mix until combined to create a sticky dough.
4. Knead in caster sugar, 1 cup at a time. Mixture should become like cake batter. Set aside for 30 minutes.
5. Pre-heat oven to 170°C
6. Sift and mix in 1 cup flour to make batter thicker. Add chocolate chips and cherried, and mix well.
7. Spoon approx 1-2 tablespoon sized portions of the mixture onto greased cookie tray, leaving a few centimetres between each cookie. Bake in the oven for 20 mins.
Latest posts by Dominica Malcolm (see all)
- Attending the 15th Annual Seattle Festival of Improv Theater - March 3, 2017
- 128 Graphic Novels/Comic Strip Books in 2016 - January 6, 2017
- Commentary and Thoughts After Attending My First Supernatural Convention (Part 2) - December 27, 2016
- Commentary and Thoughts After Attending My First Supernatural Convention (Part 1) - December 6, 2016
- All the Fun at Improvaganza, the Hawaii Festival of Improv (2016) - September 27, 2016