105g butter at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/4 cups plain flour
4 tsp baking powder
4 tblsp dark hot chocolate powder
1 cup light milk
1/2 cup dessicated coconut
80g glacé cherries, diced (or more, as desired)
1. Put the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, then beat in the chocolate powder, 1 tblsp at a time.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and coconut.
3. In two batches, alternate adding the dry ingredients and milk to the egg mixture, mixing with a rubber spatula. Fold in the cherries.
4. Grease a muffin pan and fill the mixture to the rim of each cup. Bake on 190°C for 20-25 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. If you prefer to make miniature rather than full-sized muffins, they only need to be in for ~7 minutes.
5. Transfer to a wire rack to allow to cool.
Makes 12 muffins.
Latest posts by Dominica Malcolm (see all)
- Getting the Most Out of Improvaganza + Returning to Hawaii with My Show “So You Want a Job” in 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Finding the Balance Between Empowerment and Judgement: My Personal Struggle With Internalised Misogyny - September 12, 2017
- (Polyamorous) Romantic Relationships and Dating While Autistic - September 7, 2017
- Songs That Remind Me of Significant Others - September 6, 2017
- Understanding Autism in my Life - August 28, 2017