Having bought a Playstation 3 the other week, I thought it would be good to try and take full advantage of all of it’s capabilities. I really wanted to to find out if I thought Blu-Ray was indeed better quality than DVD. Unfortunately, both of our local video stores don’t have any Blu-Ray discs to rent, so I decided to fork over $30 at Big W’s sale to buy X-Men 3 – luckily for us, this is one of the few movies on Blu-Ray I haven’t already got on DVD, and actually like!
We haven’t watched the entire film yet, as I have more important things to be spending my time on right now, but I’m happy to announce, upon testing the disc briefly, that indeed I do consider it better quality than DVD. Plus I like how you can pop the menu up while you’re playing the film. That’s pretty cool. I’m glad it has special features, too, despite not saying so on the case. Now to hope Microsoft’s bid to keep HD-DVD in the running will lose out in the end. Come on, Sony! Promote PS3 as a Blu-Ray player! At least it’s easier to find Blu-Ray movies in shops than it is HD-DVD.
Latest posts by Dominica Malcolm (see all)
- Attending the 15th Annual Seattle Festival of Improv Theater - March 3, 2017
- 128 Graphic Novels/Comic Strip Books in 2016 - January 6, 2017
- Commentary and Thoughts After Attending My First Supernatural Convention (Part 2) - December 27, 2016
- Commentary and Thoughts After Attending My First Supernatural Convention (Part 1) - December 6, 2016
- All the Fun at Improvaganza, the Hawaii Festival of Improv (2016) - September 27, 2016