1 can (410g) borlotti beans
1 can (400g) red kidney beans
1 can (420g) condensed vegetable & beef soup
1 brown onion, chopped into eighths
2 sticks celery, chopped ~1cm pieces
1/2 butternut pumpkin, chopped small-ish
4 medium red potatoes, chopped into eighths
2 cans water (from soup can)
~400g diced steak
1. In a large saucepan, add vegetables, beans, soup and water. Cook, covered, over medium to hot cooktop.
2. Brown steak in a fry pan, then add it to the stew mixture. Add chili powder to your preferences.
3. Cook stew for about an hour or so from when the stew mixture started, or until potatoes soften and pumpkin begins to break down, stirring occasionally.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Latest posts by Dominica Malcolm (see all)
- Attending the 15th Annual Seattle Festival of Improv Theater - March 3, 2017
- 128 Graphic Novels/Comic Strip Books in 2016 - January 6, 2017
- Commentary and Thoughts After Attending My First Supernatural Convention (Part 2) - December 27, 2016
- Commentary and Thoughts After Attending My First Supernatural Convention (Part 1) - December 6, 2016
- All the Fun at Improvaganza, the Hawaii Festival of Improv (2016) - September 27, 2016