8x 10cm square puff pastry sheets
3 medium bananas, peeled
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp cinnamon
50g flaked almonds
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup corn flour
1. Mash bananas in a bowl. Add vanilla, sugar and cinnamon and mix well. Mix in almonds, then mix in corn flour.
2. Add mixture to small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sauce thickens or begins to stick to the pan (don’t let it stay too long or it will burn!)
3. Turn off heat and allow mixture to stand until thick/no longer watery.
4. Spoon mixture into a line in the middle of the pastry squares. Roll them up and place them on an oven safe tray (I prefer to line it with aluminium foil).
5. Bake in 180°C oven for 20 mins, or until pastry is puffed and slightly brown.
Latest posts by Dominica Malcolm (see all)
- Getting the Most Out of Improvaganza + Returning to Hawaii with My Show “So You Want a Job” in 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Finding the Balance Between Empowerment and Judgement: My Personal Struggle With Internalised Misogyny - September 12, 2017
- (Polyamorous) Romantic Relationships and Dating While Autistic - September 7, 2017
- Songs That Remind Me of Significant Others - September 6, 2017
- Understanding Autism in my Life - August 28, 2017