8x 10cm square puff pastry sheets
3 medium bananas, peeled
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp cinnamon
50g flaked almonds
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup corn flour
1. Mash bananas in a bowl. Add vanilla, sugar and cinnamon and mix well. Mix in almonds, then mix in corn flour.
2. Add mixture to small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sauce thickens or begins to stick to the pan (don’t let it stay too long or it will burn!)
3. Turn off heat and allow mixture to stand until thick/no longer watery.
4. Spoon mixture into a line in the middle of the pastry squares. Roll them up and place them on an oven safe tray (I prefer to line it with aluminium foil).
5. Bake in 180°C oven for 20 mins, or until pastry is puffed and slightly brown.
Latest posts by Dominica Malcolm (see all)
- Attending the 15th Annual Seattle Festival of Improv Theater - March 3, 2017
- 128 Graphic Novels/Comic Strip Books in 2016 - January 6, 2017
- Commentary and Thoughts After Attending My First Supernatural Convention (Part 2) - December 27, 2016
- Commentary and Thoughts After Attending My First Supernatural Convention (Part 1) - December 6, 2016
- All the Fun at Improvaganza, the Hawaii Festival of Improv (2016) - September 27, 2016