Now that I have taken Doyle to two Babes in Arms film screenings (Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer today and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End in May), I think I can safely say that I adore these screenings. Although I may have to wait longer than I’d like to see some movies (Like Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – its Babes in Arms screening isn’t until Aug 1st), there are definitely a lot of benefits. I love that I can take Doyle into the cinema and not worry about what other audience members might think. I love that the audience has several other children with their mothers or parents. But I think what I love most is that it’s a fairly inexpensive way of seeing a film. And I don’t have to worry about finding a babysitter!
At both screenings I have been to thus far, Doyle has managed to fall asleep for a good portion of the film. And even when he wasn’t sleeping, he was usually quite well behaved.
Now if only The Simpsons Movie had an upcoming Babes in Arms screening… I think we may have to take Doyle to a Tuesday session instead.
Latest posts by Dominica Malcolm (see all)
- Attending the 15th Annual Seattle Festival of Improv Theater - March 3, 2017
- 128 Graphic Novels/Comic Strip Books in 2016 - January 6, 2017
- Commentary and Thoughts After Attending My First Supernatural Convention (Part 2) - December 27, 2016
- Commentary and Thoughts After Attending My First Supernatural Convention (Part 1) - December 6, 2016
- All the Fun at Improvaganza, the Hawaii Festival of Improv (2016) - September 27, 2016